$10 Million Gift Furthers Quality Care on East End, Renaming NYU Langone’s Bridgehampton Location J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Ambulatory Care

LongIsland.com

“We are grateful to the Harris family for their generosity, particularly as we grow our presence on Long Island and the East End,” said Robert I. Grossman, MD, CEO of NYU Langone.

Print Email

Front Row (L to R): Kenneth G. Langone, chair of the NYU Langone Board of Trustees; Alexander Hochberg; Elaine Langone; Jacqueline Harris; Nicki Harris; Charlotte (Charlie) Harris; Jennifer Harris; Tucker Harris; Back Row: Jonathan Harris; Harrison Hochberg.

Celebrating a visionary $10 million gift from Nicki Harris and her family aimed at further expanding access to NYU Langone Health’s high-quality care on the East End, NYU Langone has renamed its Bridgehampton location to honor them and the memory of J. Ira Harris. J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Ambulatory Care—Bridgehampton, at 2510 Montauk Highway, will continue to offer a range of services to a growing number of patients each year, including personalized primary care, cardiology, gastroenterology, and pediatric care, with flexibility for growth.

“We are grateful to the Harris family for their generosity, particularly as we grow our presence on Long Island and the East End,” said Robert I. Grossman, MD, CEO of NYU Langone and dean of NYU Grossman School of Medicine. “The Harrises have always sought to foster NYU Langone’s success. Renaming our Bridgehampton location is a wonderful way to recognize them and our shared commitment to one high standard of care across all of our locations.”

With Nicki Harris, the late J. Ira Harris was a longtime supporter of NYU Langone, funding major efforts in obesity prevention and other areas. This new gift carries forward their partnership, furthering NYU Langone’s mission to expand access to high-quality care across Long Island. New signage was unveiled during an event at the Bridgehampton location on Saturday (photos attached).

“I continue to be moved by this institution’s commitment to providing the absolute best care and to bringing that care closer to where people live, work, and play. I know that our support here has always contributed to a healthier future for all people, and I want my children and grandchildren to see that impact. This is a gift from the heart from our entire family,” said Nicki Harris.

"The generosity of Ira and Nicki Harris is all around us. Elaine and I miss Ira every day but, through this naming, his memory and our partnership lives on. We are so grateful to the Harris Family,” said Kenneth G. Langone, chair of the NYU Langone Board of Trustees.

Housed in a renovated historic building that dates back to the Revolutionary War, the state-of-the-art Bridgehampton multispecialty medical practice was established three years ago with the latest medical technologies.

NYU Langone will be further expanding access to its top-quality care on the East End with a new outpatient location in Westhampton opening later this year. The system’s merger with Long Island Community Hospital in Patchogue is also expected to be complete next year. These sites will complement NYU Langone’s six inpatient locations and more than 300 outpatient sites across the New York metropolitan area and in Florida.

NYU Langone’s vast outpatient network has earned the Ambulatory Quality and Accountability Awardfrom Vizient Inc., a leading healthcare performance improvement organization, every year since the award’s inception in 2015, and it has been named the No. 1 physician practice by Vizient in all but one of those years. This distinction recognizes NYU Langone’s consistent excellence in delivering high-quality care in five key domains: access to care, quality, efficiency, continuum of care, and equity.

In addition to providing wellness and preventive services to adults and children throughout the year, its dedicated team of physicians offers leading-edge treatments for a range of conditions. The practice also provides noninvasive cardiac testing services, such as abdominal aortic duplex ultrasound, cardiac device monitoring, carotid ultrasound, echocardiograms, and exercise treadmill stress tests.